Think about gardening season and you can now order your YWF sticker. Anticipated opening day is Tuesday April 5.
To Purchase your sticker:
- Visit the city’s web site at https://www.cityofnewburyport.com/payments (or, visit www.CityofNewburyport.com and search for Online Payments)
- Then click on Order Now For Yard Waste stickers.
- Follow the directions and your sticker will be mailed within 3 to 5 business days.
- You can print your receipt or copy the confirmation number to use as proof of purchase until your sticker arrives.
If you work on 3 or more lawns or properties then you will need a Landscaper Permit to use our Yard Waste Facility. This annual permit (April – December) can be purchased at Newburyport City Hall for $250. Call 978-465-4410 for an application.
Curbside leaf pick-up happens on two Saturdays in the spring: Saturday, April 30 and Saturday, May 14. Bags with materials other than leaves will be left behind. Have leaves in paper leaf bags, or leaves in labeled barrels, out by 7 a.m. Please fold bags over at the top.
Mattress and Box Spring Pick-up
Tuesday March 22 (or call 978-465-4410 to ask about drop-off options). The non-profit UTEC comes for curbside pick-up of mattresses and box springs at a cost of $15 apiece. They will be dismantled for component recycling. Call the Health Department at 978-465-4410, ext. 1.
To get your food waste picked up, residents have three options:
- Visit Black Earth Compost and subscribe at https://blackearthcompost.com/ to have food waste picked up curbside
- Do it yourself with a deeply-discounted backyard composter (Earth Machine) that can be purchased at the Yard Waste Facility. $25 price for Newburyport residents only.
- Drop off your organics in paper or compostable bags only at one of three sites:
- 115 Water at our Waste Water Treatment Facility
- Cushing Park at Washington and Kent Street
- Yard Waste Facility at Colby Farm Lane
There will be no delays in Trash or Recycling Collection until Memorial Day.
For additional information visit www.CityofNewburyport.com, or call 978-465-4410, ext. 1, or email Lhanke@cityofnewburyport.com