Northeast Harvest is a Buy Local program representing Essex and Middlesex counties supported by the Essex Agricultural Society. Northeast Harvest works to help sustain the farmers and agricultural producers of both counties in Massachusetts. We work in collaboration with many other organizations as well as individual growers and agricultural producers to highlight the number and variety of farms and food products that are available in northeastern Massachusetts.
Job Description: The Program Coordinator works with the Executive Director to plan and coordinate workshops and events for several grant-funded projects, as well as support special projects. In addition, the Program Coordinator is responsible for writing and applying for numerous grants throughout the year. This person is responsible for then organizing and following through with all aspects of those grants. This is a full-time, grant-funded position. Full time hours are defined as 35 hours a week.
- Manage grant writing and programming tied to those grants.
- Organize educational workshops and events to meet grant objectives.
- Assist with major conference and fundraising events.
- Visiting local farms and farmers markets to build further relationships.
- Coordinate outreach to farmers about educational offerings and support organizational outreach through email, phone, and mailings.
- Managing Northeast Harvest Website updating
- Maintain and develop strategic partnerships with other business assistance providers.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Access to a car and some weekends and evenings availability is required.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the nonprofit sector, especially local food and sustainable farming.
- Knowledge and experience of grant writing.
- Knowledge of local agriculture, farms, and farmers markets.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing events and workshops.
- Team player, flexible, willing to learn new things
- Ability to support and improve two way communication between local farm employees and owners, including across cultural differences and/or language barriers.
- Organization skills, strong verbal and written skills, energetic, the ability to proactively manage time, use discretion, and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Comfortable (and persistent in) reaching out to people on the phone and over email for deadline driven work.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Shared documents
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Submit cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references to Kate O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org